Email Hosting Transition Questions
Click on any of the Frequently Asked Questions below to reveal the answer.
While web hosting and email hosting both have “hosting” in their names, they are very different services that both require specialized support and operation. As we have evaluated the services we offer over the last 6 months, we have determined that we can best serve our clients by focusing our efforts on continuing to offer design and digital marketing services and support (including website hosting, updates and maintenance) while helping our clients find the best solution for email hosting that will help their company facilitate growth (both from a financial and staffing point of view) and provide an enterprise level email platform to allow better user experience and function overall. Email has become so critical to every serious business’ operation that it only makes sense to use the best email hosting platforms available.
While it isn’t the only email platform available, we are recommending to our clients to transition your email hosting to G Suite for a number of reasons. While the benefits to using G Suite are numerous, here are some of the top advantages and benefits that we see to using G Suite:
1. Mail, Contacts and Calendars Are Synced And Mobile – Being able to sync your contacts, calendars and email is a huge plus for every business.
2. Increased Collaboration – G Suite is built help facilitate easier collaboration within a business including shared calendars, documents and files and video conferencing.
3. More Storage Space – Each basic G Suite user gets 30 GB of storage for emails, files and data.
4. Spam and Phishing Email Protection – G Suite accounts offer an industry-leading security to combat Spam and Phishing attempts on your account in order to protect your data and your devices.
5. Use Your Existing Domain Name – You can use your existing domain name (yourcompany.com) and enjoy all the benefits of a G Suite/Gmail account while having your website hosting uninterrupted with Alive Media.
6. Ease Of Setup – The process for setting up G Suite/Gmail accounts in Outlook, Apple Mail or other email programs is really simple and straightforward. It gets even simpler when it comes to setting it up on smartphones. Just enter the G Suite email address and password on your smartphone and you’re done.
7. Google Docs – With G Suite, you not only get enterprise level email hosting, you also have access to all of the apps in G Suite including Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Sites and Hangouts.
8. Integrations – There is a growing list of third party developers that have integrations that will allow you to seamlessly connect to softwares such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Project Management, Accounting, Business Communications, Video, and more.
9. Secure Online Storage – You can store any file you choose using G Suite (Drive) and access files anytime, anywhere from your desktop and mobile devices. You can also control how your files are shared if that is a need.
10. Support – As a G Suite user, you get 24/7 email, phone or chat support with a real person.
At Alive Media, we also have made that transition to using G Suite for our own company email, and we haven’t regretted it at all. We definitely wouldn’t recommend it unless we were had made that decision to change as well.
Yes, you can use your domain name with G Suite.
No, your email address will not change.
With a paid to G Suite subscription, you get 24/7 phone, chat and email support from a real person.
Not at all. It will not interrupt or impact your website that is hosted with us at all.
We sure do. We made that transition to using G Suite and our team loves using it. We wouldn’t recommend it if we weren’t using it ourselves. 🙂
If you would like our help in assisting your company in getting G Suite setup, send an email to support (at) alivemediaonline.com letting us know.
Can I use my G Suite email account with popular email programs (Outlook, Apple Mail, etc.) on my computer and on my smartphone email app?
Yes, you sure can. Setup is simple, too.
Sure. You may want to consider Office 365 to power your email account(s). Since we don’t work with Office 365 directly, we would get you in touch with a vendor that we recommend to get your emails and data transferred over to them. We would encourage you to choose a solution for your email that gives the backup and support you need for the vital role that email plays in your business operations.
As of July 1st, we are no longer offering email hosting as a part of website hosting packages for any new clients. For our current clients that utilize emails on our hosting platform, we are asking that they transition their emails by September 15th. We will support your email hosting until then, and we will also assist you in making the smoothest transition possible to a different email hosting platform.