The Masters® practice rounds begin in less than a week. Personally, this is one of my favorite weeks of the year. During this week, much of the national eye, really international, focuses on our community in Augusta, GA and the Augusta National. It really is a fun part of living in the CSRA.
For local business owners that have a brick and mortar storefront, it’s also a great opportunity to take advantage of the thousands of guests the tournament brings. That’s a much welcomed business boost, especially in the current state of the economy. If you’re a business owner, you no doubt have spent a good bit of time and resources in getting ready. Have you considered your web presence in those preparations?
If not, here’s a scenario to consider: A tourist is in town for the tournament. They’re looking for a place to eat dinner at that evening or looking for something to do. There’s a high probability that they will be searching for places using their smart phone or laptop. If they’re driving, it’s more likely they’ll be grabbing their iphone or droid and searching for a place online.
Here are some questions to think through:
- Do I have website? Is it one that I would be proud to show off and for people to see?
- Do I have some promotional items ready? Maybe a special Master’s week deal?
- Is my website high enough in the search engine listings so that it can even be found?
- Should I have a mobile version of my website or will my current site work?
- Do I have social media connections to the site (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) so that customers can keep up to date with sales, product offerings, new releases, etc.?
- Is my website current and up to date?